A Travellerspoint blog

counting the hours

View Shalom Israel - 2020 on Ils1976's travel map.

Nothing was planned today and this simply meant that we were going to be free to do whatever we wanted til 3PM in the afternoon, when Boas was going to arrive to pick us all up to go to the airport.

With all of this in the back of my mind I decided to sleep in. It must have been almost 9 AM when I was ready for my breakfast, where I met up with a few others of our group.

Since we were the only ones in the hotel, this meant we could have the room all to ourselves till it was time for our departure, so instead of packing my bags immediately after breakfast, I spent some time on the communal lawn in front of the dining area with a few others. The sun was shining, but it was a bit chilly as well, but somehow we ended up at the beach of Netanya about an hour later. Together with 2 others we enjoyed a nice walk along the beach and searched for some shells for my nieces at home.


It must have been already 1 PM when me and Bibi went for a quick bite to eat, we had a frisk walk behind us and besides soaking up some sun, there was nothing else do to, so we enjoyed a few Israeli tapas together with a good glass of wine.

Sadly enough almost an hour later it was already time to go back to the hotel coz I still needed to pack and it must have been almost 3 PM when I was good and ready to go. I must admit that I wasn't the only one, it seemed that our entire group wanted to go home. Every day we received bad news from home about people getting infected and even worse, dying from Covid-19, so instead of sitting here, we just wanted to go back to our respective family.

Exactly at 3 PM Boas arrived and we quickly put our luggage inside the bus and went on our way towards the airport where we arrived almost an hour later. Checking in was still too early and although there were not that many people at the airport, as soon as we were cleared for the security, there was nothing else to do but wait till we could check, almost an entire hour later.

It seemed to take forever, but later on we heard it had something to do with new rules concerning the Corona virus. Not too many people where aloud at one place.

After checking in, we had a bit of free time to have another snack to eat and then it was off to the Netherlands. Boarding went very smooth and within minutes we were airborne. Since it was already late, I decided to just close my eyes will listening to some music and I must say that I was a bit surprised to even have slept a little bit, but needless to say, I was more than glad to be back in Schiphol a little after midnight!

Posted by Ils1976 00:08 Archived in Israel Tagged beaches sea walk asia

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents


I'm glad your journey home went so smoothly - you must have been relieved

by ToonSarah

I was, I was glad to be home again and seeing my closest family in good health!

by Ils1976

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.